Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The joys of being a young teacher...

One of my students came in during lunch today, looking very concerned.

Student: "Ms. A? What happened to your head?"
Me: "Uh...?" (Did I draw on myself with a whiteboard marker?)
Student: "This morning you had a big bruise on your head."
Me: "I did?"
Student: "Yeah, it's right there." *points to the side of my forehead*
Me: "Um... that's acne. I'm having a bad skin day."
Student: "Oops."
Me: "Thanks for checking on me, though."

I also accidentally wore the school uniform (khakis and a navy blue sweater) and was mistaken for a student in the hall.

Other recent stories:
- My school's VP walked into my room and looked around. He didn't see me standing in front of him, so he started to freak out a little. "Where is Ms. A? Where is she?" I was quite literally standing under his nose. When he noticed me waving my arms, he said, "Oh, I thought you were a student." In front of my class. Thanks a lot.

- An 8th grader shoved me while I was walking up the stairs. Another 8th grader said, "Dude! That's a teacher!" The first 8th grader had had no idea.

At the very least, looking the same age as your students gives you plenty of entertaining stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment