Thursday, September 2, 2010

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen

Finally finished packing, just in time.

Now that I'm a little less sleep deprived, I can do a "real" post for today. The past few days have been whirlwinds of goodbyes at Miami, at the gym, and at home. I drove to Oxford a few days ago to hang out with some of my friends (only a few of whom could make it-- but it was great seeing everyone who was there) and ask for letters of recommendation from a few English professors (thank you for everything). Tuesday was my last day at the gym (D/S-- you're amazing, dedicated role models), which was all right-- it's kind of weird not having any plans to do gymnastics. I also set up Skype on my mom's computer, but she still has to figure out how to use her webcam and microphone-- it's a one-way conversation for now!

I also heard from a teacher at the school, and she said that I might be working with all grade levels... so that could be interesting! I only brought DVDs and House on Mango Street, so I'm not sure what the 5th graders will use. Excitement level is rising very quickly. :)

Off to O'Hare! The travel plan for the next few days:
- Chicago (depart at 10:50 PM) to Frankfurt
- train from Frankfurt to Cologne
- stay in Cologne for two and a half days before orientation-- I'm rooming with another Fulbrighter at a hostel
- orientation in Altenberg for four days
- train from Cologne to Berlin (arriving around 6 PM)

No comments:

Post a Comment