Thursday, September 2, 2010

"I won't miss the alpaca!"

I think this will be my last post from the US-- my dad and I are driving up to Chicago today so I can fly out of O'Hare (oh, the slightly inconvenient things we'll do to avoid paying fees!). I doubt I'll have consistent internet access for the next week, so I guess the next blog will come directly from Berlin.


To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm thinking right now. Obviously, I know that I'm supposed to be excited. Here's the problem: I have no idea what I'll be doing when I get to Berlin. I don't know what grades I'm assisting with, so I can't really bring written material without weighing down my luggage unnecessarily. It's a little hard for me to be excited when all I know is that I will be living somewhere in Berlin. Maybe. If I can find housing. And were we supposed to prepare something to teach at orientation? It was all very unclear; I got the impression that they were giving us potential topics when we got there. I guess this is why my dominant feeling at the moment is somewhere between freaking out, confusion, and just being really sleepy.


That being said, I *am* excited about the idea of starting a film club. Watching Mean Girls for a class? Yes, please. Also, no, I am not showing Jesus Camp, like four of you suggested (all independently of each other, I might add. That is probably why we're friends!). I know, I wanted to, too...


Sorry, I'm beginning to realize that I'm not very coherent at 3 AM. I didn't start packing until about 10 PM last night, much to my parents' annoyance, so I'm finally to a stage where I don't feel guilty about sleeping. :)


The title, by the way, comes from my mom, who will miss everything about me but my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment